I found a great article from one of my favorite webites, Lifehacker. After having recently moved from a larger home this past summer, I still find myself looking at stacks of boxes and STUFF! Reading this list has given me some guidelines and the kick in the butt I need to clean out and re-organize!
“What Things Do You Own That You Could Get Rid Of?
Chances are you own an item or twenty that you don’t actually need. You may even benefit from parting with that stuff. So in the spirit of not-quite-Spring cleaning, what possessions do you believe deserve a goodbye?
Paul Michael, writing for personal finance blog Wise Bread, came up with a list of 25 items he believes you can toss. Here are a few from the list:
- Contents of the junk drawer
- Clothing and shoes you haven’t worn in the last 12-18 months
- Unread books
- Expired medicines and Vitamins
- (Orphaned) power cords
- Spices (they generally only last a couple of years)
- Old underwear, socks, and bras
- Dated technology, including old cellphones
- Perfumes and colognes