These nutrition tips are provided by one of my favorite motivational coaches, Chalene Johnson!. She is also an instructor and speaker. I swear by her home workout series ChaLEAN Extreme!! (If I swore, which I don’t, of course, Gan) 🙂
- Here’s a hint for those of you who have trouble getting enough veggies. Always keep several bags of your favorite frozen vegetables on hand. This way, you’ve always got options when you can’t get to the store to pick up something fresh. Try mixing any combination, microwave, and top with your favorite low-fat dressing. Voila!
- Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
- Use mustard instead of mayo.
- Eating out? Halve your portion and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree can have 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not even counting the bread, appetizer, drinks and dessert. Cutting your meal in half is the easiest way to cut calories.
- When dining out, become the “picky person” by asking your meal to be prepared with no butter, sauce on the side, hold the crunchy stuff, green veggies instead of potato, etc.
- Eat more soup. The non-creamy ones are filling and very low-cal. Do, however, keep an eye on the sodium content.